Soyo SY-K8USA DRAGON

AMD chipset?? hmm i wonder how good i performs im interested in learning about it as well.

I've seen at least one post on these boards saying that Soyo boards tend to crap out after a year, and I know from personal expierence that the do. I don't know what their overall reputation is though. When I got my board, it was a while back when the features that the Dragon had were hard to find any many boards, all of the reviews I read on it were good, but after....I would guess about a year and a half to two years, its now sitting under my desk waiting for a new motherboard to come so I can throw it the broken Soyo board. Wait to hear from others, since I really have no clue what the overall rep is, but hope what I said helps.

I loved my Soyo, until it ate my CPU becuase the fan header started smoking in the middle of the bootup process.

I then went to there office (Its in ontario, California 10 miles from here) and RMAed it, they gave me a crappy refurb and it died.

same thing happened to my friend Bryan.
they were both KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinums

Excellent Motherboards I thought, they just died fast. FULL of handy features and the such

You might want to check out the Epox 8KDA3+ sounds like what you are looking for. You won't have to wait till July 25th to get it.

down with Soyo, VIA, and well since I bought a second shuttle... anyhow down with all three of them I had bad experiences with all of them. Just hope this new SHUTTLE|AN35N-ULTRA is all it's cracked up to be. Cause if it isn't It's getting tossed back in their faces and I'm buying a frigging Abit.

~Adam

A friend of mine has acquired the SY-K8USA as well. I work at a review site, and thus I was hoping to review the thing, but the board is jus horrible. It does not support any video card other than AGP Pro versions, meaning you can't use any ATI or nVIdia card with it (except for the FireGL apparently), and it is very picky about RAM. I've tried 5 different manufacturers/speeds within myself and 3 of my friends, with no success. The board has great features, and looks awesome... until you actually use the thing. Oh, and did I mention Soyo's tech support is some of the worst I've ever seen?

tech support isn't so bad when I tried it, their RMA services is non-sense they sent me two boards and both were bad..

~Adam

Back