Soyo Pearl 24"

Toss their original MVA (or is it PVA? I own the thing and I can't remember) panel in that bezel and you've got a real winner.

I'm thinking I may use slysoft software and just use this monitor, any suggestions? Cuz microcenter in NJ is about 30 min drive from NY and tax is 3.5% and there is a $50 MIR.

I've been using a 22" TN and it really doesn't bother me at all only when I put it next to my much much older SPVA samsung do I notice any difference. I didn't notice any lag when I fiddled with it but then again I wasn't scrutinizing it like I was gonna buy it since little did I know my 22" decided to give up the ghost while I was out lol.

Don't monitors with HDCP, by default, have an HDMI input?

This one doesn't, so....

Don't monitors with HDCP, by default, have an HDMI input?

This one doesn't, so....

Not true. Monitors that are HDCP compliant does not neccessarily come with HDMI. I've ran through various HDCP monitors in all sizes that have no HDMI inputs.

need more info on this monitor. Response time screems TN. viewing angle does not. Which is it?

Thanks for the link. It's always nice to see sites that test for input lag, which should always be the #1 concern for us at [H]. Sigh, if only they reviewed more monitors haha.

Response time screems TN. viewing angle does not. Which is it?

Veeeeery good question. That's either some blatant false advertising or some bizarre panel type no one's ever seen before.

Looking at the viewing angle test, the horizontal shifts seem great, but the verticals look awful (and according to that reviewer, the color inversion occurs with even a slight shift in the vertical). Looks like you can't lean back or slouch in your chair with this monitor.

^^ yeah I'm gonna test this out today, but I also use an ergotron and rarely shift height in my positions as my sceptre 22" used to do that in vertical motion. So I'll take my camera xD and report back later.

Sorry for late reply. I ended up buying one and it is quite gorgeous. I'm really busy so I snapped a few pix of the unboxing and I'll put up some more pix later. The soyo box is soo much bigger than my old sceptre 22" box lol.

_MG_7316.jpg

_MG_7314.jpg

_MG_7311.jpg

_MG_7310.jpg

Back