• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Southbridge mounting holes

n00btard

Gawd
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
922
I'd like to W/C my southbridge along with the northbridge, but I'm not sure whether they use the same mounting holes or not. Can any of you with southbridge blocks tell me if there's any difference in the holes?
 
n00btard said:
I'd like to W/C my southbridge along with the northbridge, but I'm not sure whether they use the same mounting holes or not. Can any of you with southbridge blocks tell me if there's any difference in the holes?

They should be the same, although I can really only speak with absolute certainty about the Asus A8N boards. Those that have full x16 bandwidth for both graphics cards use two chipsets, an SLI chipset and MCP (ck804 chipset) that is lower on the motherboard. The mounting holes for both chipsets are the same. Keep a close eye on clearance. There are many variations for the lower waterblock, so you should be able to find one to suit your particular needs.
 
The Gigabyte GA-K8N51PVM-9RH or whatever I'm crossing over to has two heatsinks, so I'm guessing that the smaller one is the southbridge. Or it's the northbridge with the integrated graphics chip being the one closer to the CPU socket... In any case, the current heatsink covering the IGP on my Foxconn board damn near burnt my fingers off when I decided to see how hot it was, and it uses a clip so it leaves no option for an after-market cooler, which is why I'm planning on moving over to the Gigabyte board.
 
Back
Top