South Korea Passes the 100% Internet Penetration Mark

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
South Korea has set the bar pretty high for other countries to follow. Not only is the country known for the speed of its Internet, now it has the highest domestic penetration in the world. Korea’s accomplishment surpasses the meager 54% average of the US, UK and Germany.

That doesn’t mean that Korea has more Internet users than people (that’s impossible!), the OECD measures the use of a number of technologies to generate the score.

Passes 100%? Where to? Did they start installing internet connections in North Korea? :confused:

TGx2h.png

While most people appreciate a lot of penetration, passing 100% shows that how they calculate their numbers is misleading.

Korean eh? Well I'd love to help with that Internet penetration. If you know what I mean.

Small-peen Americans just focus their attention on large monster trucks and phallic symbol large weaponry.

Koreans just went another route, with e-peen internet penetration.

The rest of us are content with mediocrity.

Korea’s lightening fast networks have seen apps grow to become standard among smartphone-wielding consumers.

Don't use spell check in journalism these days I see? :D

this thread is going to turn into euphamisms for sex...awesome! I'd say their internet coverage is deep [throat]

Small-peen Americans just focus their attention on large monster trucks and phallic symbol large weaponry.

Koreans just went another route, with e-peen internet penetration.

The rest of us are content with mediocrity.

Not really content, I'm sure. Just can't get the better stuff.

I wonder how many of their "internet users" have been "penetrated" multiple times to arrive at that > 100% figure.

Don't use spell check in journalism these days I see? :D

not to be a dick, but a spell check wouldn't catch this, as "lightening" is correctly pronounced. just not the word that they wanted. :-P

oh. and.. i can never get the meter past 100% for penetration..[/zone reference]

id like to point out that south korea is 38,691 sq mi and JUST the state of Arizona is 113,990 sq mi

its REALLY easy to run fiber in an area that small to cover everyone.

covering the united states for 100% penetration would require running fiber to cover out land mass of 3,794,101 sq mi

our not out. god the edit system on this forum is still stupid after all these years.....

not to be a dick, but a spell check wouldn't catch this, as "lightening" is correctly pronounced. just not the word that they wanted. :-P

It's not the word they wanted?

I figured a fast internet connection would contribute the lightening of people in that they'd spend less time in the sunlight.

That's how fast it is!

Some Korean people I know seem to have a fear of "darkening" anyway...

In cases like this it's important to note who's penetrating who. I read this as South Koreans being more than 100% penetrated BY the internet ... *shudder* ...

Though Obama is penetrating us his promise of broadband for everyone is slacking.

Though Obama is penetrating us his promise of broadband for everyone is slacking.
Damn, Obama even gets a mention in a thread about Korean internet penetration. :rolleyes:

I keep trying to visualize this 100% penetration but it's always blurred out and blocky looking.

Which is a good thing, as what that surely means is "free internet for inner-city projects, paid for by increased taxes on the suburbs that get to fend for themselves".

What I would like to see though is nationalization similar to what was done with the electrical grid, to where private industry would be compensated for laying down fiber, but then any ISP could compete for that user's business. It is otherwise quite assinine to have five network connections all routed to my house in order for me to be able to choose between five different providers.

We could then have something similar to "power to choose" for our internet, and be able to pick from dozens of ISPs at the click of a button, causing a price war.

id like to point out that south korea is 38,691 sq mi and JUST the state of Arizona is 113,990 sq mi

its REALLY easy to run fiber in an area that small to cover everyone.

covering the united states for 100% penetration would require running fiber to cover out land mass of 3,794,101 sq mi

Yeah, was going to say the same. People claiming such milestones for tiny countries really fail to consider population density.

Damn, Obama even gets a mention in a thread about Korean internet penetration. :rolleyes:

I keep trying to visualize this 100% penetration but it's always blurred out and blocky looking.

I think Obama smearing is a new variant of Rule 34. "If a topic exists, someone will smear Obama"

where are the bukakke comments?
I think if the only OT post after 26 posts is about Obama then all hope is lost for a bukakke comment. Besides that's more of a Japanese thang than Korean (or am I being nit picky here?).

Back