Source to buy VRM for 604 P4

`XSX` PC-Parts

Limp Gawd
Anyone have a source for these? i need one for a dell server CPU 3000DP / 1m / 800
PLEASE dont say dell, its like impossible to get the peeps there to understand what a cdrom is, this would be impossible :confused:

Any info appreciated, intel website dont lead me anywhere when it comes to buying one.

Dell or Ebay.

From Dell you would have to buy the "Processor Upgrade Kit" and not just the VRM (this costs more and includes the CPU and heatsink as well as the VRM)

From Ebay, you might be able to find someone parting out a server.

==>Lazn

Lazn_Work said:
Dell or Ebay.

From Dell you would have to buy the "Processor Upgrade Kit" and not just the VRM (this costs more and includes the CPU and heatsink as well as the VRM)

From Ebay, you might be able to find someone parting out a server.

==>Lazn

You should be able to ebay it, somebody is always parting out one system, or another

:) Thanks for the info, seems crazy i would have to eBay such an item :confused:

A call to Dell i find im stuck buying another CPU in an upgrade kit as stated above :(

Seems an intel reseller would be able to procure them for system builders :confused:

You need to provide more info. At least you should know the name and part number of the Dell server. The forums at Dell are useful for finding the replacement part number, then you call Dell Parts (not Dell customer service) with the replacement part number, and you'll probably be able to find what you're looking for, without the extras you don't need.

:) Thanks you guys are great, you should all work for compaq & HP, they need your help :)

Umm im lost, the dell server model number is sc1420 the cpu is:​
3000dp/1m/800​
3L7PE Costa Rica​

the name of the part is: VRM or Voltage Regulator Module (please correct me if im wrong)

The dell forum has one company posting they sell them & i called the company, 2 days ago w/o a return call on the avail. so im still looking :(

If new xeon CPU's come retail packed with one, you would think theres alot floating about & reasonable at least on eBay? :confused:

Okay, here goes:

Call Dell Spare Parts at 1-800-357-3355 extension 69937, and ask for part number H2703. It should cost $21.95 in US funds, plus maybe up to $10 shipping. Have your credit card and service tag number ready.

:) Damn you folks are simply the best :)

I hope i can offer someone some advice to help them out of a jam someday, cant thank you enough :)

Back