SoundStorm Onboard Sound

TheMagicalJew

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 9, 2003
Messages
457
Is this better than older sound blaster cards? should i be able to run a 5.1 speaker setup too on it? Only the right speakers work and im getting a lot of static

Thanks
Jew
 
I believe the answers to your first 2 questions are yes and yes. Check the cables, rotate them a little in the sound card, check for interferences, and maybe for new drivers.
 
Soundstorm will be able to run a 5.1 speaker setup. And yes it is better than the older sound blaster cards. Check drivers and cables. Sounds like you are having cable issues. Soundstorm comes with a utility that helps you set up your speakers.
 
Depends.

If you are simply using the analog sound, then it's as good as the AC97 or whatever codec (most likely software) that's onboard.

However, you are using SoundStorm only if you are using the digital out...
 
The sound quality is good from the soundstorm.... not the best.. but I never had any complaints. I ran a 5.1 system and it worked great. Software was easy to use and no cracking or hissing problems. It also has its own digital dolby encoder built it which is a really nice function.

I just recently upgraded to the Audigy 2 ZS and the sound quality is amazing... but I don't know what kind of audiophile you are.... good luck though I hope it works...
 
Back
Top