• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SoundStorm Audio Problem

runt

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Mar 16, 2000
Messages
2,443
I am trying to convert some old LP's to MP3 and I cannot change the recording level of the Line In on my SoundStorm audio. No matter what I change the level to in the Windows sound mixer it does not affect the level. I end up with a lot of clipping and I want to avoid that at all costs. Do I have to reinstall my audio drivers or just get a new sound card?

<edit>
mods, please move this to the computer audio forum, i accidentally clicked on the wrong forum
</edit>
 
Open up the nForce control panel, at the bottom left of the "main" tab there's an Input section.
There's a "record" dropdown menu where you choose which input you want to record from, then right below it is a slider that lets you adjust the gain.

It took me a while to find it when I was ripping some old live tapes as well.
 
tried that, i still get clipping (which i will not tolerate). i'm thinking i'm gonna get an audigy 2 zs platnium when i get my tax return.
 
Strange... I was getting clipping at first with mine too, then when I adjusted that, everything came out perfectly.

Are you using the mic-in or the line-in?
 
i'm using the line in. changing the record level did reduce the amount of clipping, but it is still there :(
 
Back
Top