Soundproof server/amp racks

Quiz

Gawd
How effective are soundproof server/amp racks in terms of suppressing noise while also keeping the equipment inside cool? If they are soundproof, does that mean they are completely enclosed/sealed? If yes, how do they handle ventilation/cooling? Note this is for using such racks for pro audio amps that have loud fans.

Some examples (they are expensive but note the heat dissipation and noise reduction specs): https://www.rackmountsolutions.net/server-racks-cabinet/specialty-server-racks/soundproof-racks/

Dunno about retail, but when I moved into the home office for covid I learned how loud the central switch and server was in my house. I put all the network gear and UPS in a network cab that I lined with dynamat and replaced the fans with new bequiet fans. Did the same with the server. Dead silent

Dunno about retail, but when I moved into the home office for covid I learned how loud the central switch and server was in my house. I put all the network gear and UPS in a network cab that I lined with dynamat and replaced the fans with new bequiet fans. Did the same with the server. Dead silent
If you lined it with Dynamat, is there still enough ventilation for cooling? And when you said you replaced the fans with bequiet fans, are you talking about the network cab's fans?

Yes replaced the network cab fans, and the server. Dynamat on both. Network rack has a fanless mini pc running as gateway, it's never complained. It is in a room with AC service.

Back