• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Soundcard Troubles

Joined
Mar 3, 2004
Messages
6
I just installed my Terratec DMX 6Fire 24/96 and I'm having some problems with it. When I played two audio cds that i've bought there's a hissing sound coming from the speakers, it's like the sound that a spinning CD would make.

Another problem is that the sound crackles, I've only heard this while playing a game so far. I've got an nForce 2 motherboard which crackles a little when I was using the on-board sound and I've heard that installing a new soundcard and disabling the on-board sound should solve this problem. I also can't get EAX or 5.1 sound to properly work with games, even though the card supports EAX 1.0 and 2.0 and also 6 channel 5.1.

Any ideas as to what's causing this?
 
Back
Top