Soundcard Output to Stereo Amp Input?

Digital Ghost

Limp Gawd
I have a pretty solid stereo setup. I love my amp and CD decks and all that, and my speakers are good enough for my needs. But sadly my PC sound is lacking. I am thinking of upgrading my video card to something more respectable than my onboard (I'm getting wierd feedback and all.) The issue being that I don't want to shell out more money for another set of speakers if I don't have to. Is it possible to wire the audio out on any good sound card to my amp, so that I can use those speakers? Basically I'd need a left and a right output on the card. Anyone have a clue if these exist? If not should I think about splicing a regular audio out cable by finding some sort of Y connector. Do these exist, or do I need to solder my own? Questions and comments would be welome. Thanks.

they do have audio splitters and converters.
The ones I have, have your midi jack(male) on one end and then it has 2 RCA's(female) on the other.

I don't use mine on my computer, but I think they only give out mono sound. But I may be wrong.

And any place has these, from Wal-mart to BB to RatShack.

Excuse the audio noob here...

Mono sound shouldn't be an issue though right? I mean I will be sending each of the channels into a seperate speaker... I have two solid floor speakers with woofers and all in there. I don't think I'd use the speakers for gaming, just for listening to .mp3's and stuff.

if you head to radioshack they have stereo output ones. it costs about 5.99 and it'll do the job.

What you need is a 3.5mm stereo jack -> RCA cable. This is what I use and it's stereo sound not mono.

Back