• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Soundcard for PC Based recording???

Lyquist

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
3,368
I currently have an X-Fi and I want something better for recording. Do you guys know of anything that is better? It would be ideal to have more inputs and outputs so I can record more than one stereo track at a time. Thanks in advance for your help.

Lyquist
 
So you.re gonna record a drumset or do a multichannel live recording? More than two channels are rarely required in home recording. What most people need that regular soundcards don't have are decent mic preamps.

Anyway, since I.m using the EMU 1820 myself I can recommend it. It has 8 inputs (2 mic preamps) and 10 outputs with possibilities for expansion. Or check out the EMU 1616 for laptops.

http://www.emu.com/products/welcome.asp?category=505&
 
I'm wanting to record all kinds of things. I would like to be able to record at least 4 mono channels at once. I just know there has to be something better than this X-Fi. I'm lost when it comes to recording on the computer. I've just outgrown my cassette four track.

Lyquist
 
I've been looking at the M-Audio Delta 44..

Has 4 inputs / 4 outputs.. I believe it runs about $149


Another option that I've been really looking at is the E-MU 0404

Its the little brother of the other E-Mu cards that jon67 mentioned.

Also, those X-Fi's SB Audigy's, etc. are going to achieve their "claimed" low latency by ASIO 2 complient drivers..
The true, recording cards, I'm sure are more adequate over the these type of sound cards..
 
I have been recording music on the PC for a few years. I started out by using the onboard audio, then I moved on to a SB Live. It was better than the onboard....a lot better. Now I currently use a Audigy2 ZS Plat Pro and the breakout box works perfect for me. I have received a lot of compliments on how much cleaner the audio is. I even got the Plat Pro for $115.

Now the music I work on is rap (save the flames), if you want to hear anything that shows off the quality I can link you to a few examples.

DNA
 
Back
Top