• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Soundcard for gaming only

kdream3

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
128
I'm currently using onboard realtek and am looking to get a sub-100 dollar sound card for gaming. I'm coming from an old x-fi xtrememusic and did like the cmss3d for games like counter-strike. This card would be used for gaming only and i'd be plugging in a Razer Carcharias headset (no speakers). Thanks.
 
You can get something like the Xonar DG, which has Dolby Headphone and is less than $30. Seems to work pretty well, especially for the price. If you want CMSS-3D, you'll need an X-Fi card - either Creative or one of Auzentech's. I really like the Forte, but they don't make it any longer, and I'm not sure if the Bravura they replaced it with is good or not.
 
+1 Xonar DG. The built in powered headphone amp out works amazing with my headphones (AD700's). And its cheap.
 
I see the xonar has dolby headphone. How does that stack up to cmss3d in gaming?
 
there are mixed opinions, but the general consensus is that dolby headphone is better for movies and cmss 3d for games.
 
That's the feeling I got by googling. Just wanted some opinions from those here. I may go with the titanium, newegg has an oem version for 80.
 
That's the feeling I got by googling. Just wanted some opinions from those here. I may go with the titanium, newegg has an oem version for 80.

I absolutely would go with the Titanium for gaming. CMSS3D > Dolby for gaming.
 
Back
Top