• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Soundcard driver issue

maximo

n00b
Joined
Nov 14, 2003
Messages
31
After rebooting from tring to load drivers from the site no drivers are installed and the new found hardware pops up. So should I load windows drivers then try to dl from creative? I'm also not really sure exactly which card I have. I know its an Audigy, not a 2...but which one??? Any help would be great.
 
I think for audigy you have to use the drivers from the cd first then update to the latest version. I have an audigy 2 platinum ex, but I couldn't figure out a way to not install their bloatware.
 
i have an audigy 2 and i did not like the creative media source crap so i just uninstalled it and downloaded the driver only for it then install and restart.on the website you need to scroll past the list of applications and look for DRIVERS they are there.the ones i used are about 16mb dated july 04 i think,i went for them cos they have eax 4 updated and no drm,but there are others,take your pick.
 
Ok I''ve got it working but I have this pop up now on start ups that says " Readreg application", does any one now what this is? Do I leave it running? dissable it?
 
Back
Top