Soundcard destroyed

chiller

n00b
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
1
After changing the northbridge cooler on my MSI K8N Neo3 the on board soundcard could not be detected any longer. I guess I damaged the mainboard, because it wouldn't run with new drivers or on a different OS either. I then got a cheap PCI soundcard (CMEDIA 8738) and installed it (And yes, I did deactivate the onboard sound in BIOS). Now I got sound but as soon as something on the monitor moves, like opening a new window for example, there is a deep static noise. The more frames the more noise. Watching movies or playing games creates only a loud static noise, while I can listen to MP3s without problems when I'm not doing anything else. Does anyone have an idea where this might come from and what I could do? Thanks!
 
sounds like some electrical interference being picked up by your sound card. probably because it's cheap-o
 
...or because of the damage caused to the motherboard.
 
Both options are possible, but if you seriously think that physical damage to a motherboard could not cause signal noise all over the system then you are deluded.
 
Back
Top