• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Soundblaster Live! odd problem

mr saturn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
205
Any time I start up Quake 4 or Far Cry, the music playing in the background gains this strange reverb effect. All the sounds in the game also have this effect, and it can be fixed by alt-tabbing out of the game and changing my speaker configuration to a different setup (I assume this resets something). I have tried turning off EAX in-game, but this doesn't fix anything.

Has anyone experienced this before, or know of any ways to fix it?
 
Check the EAX Console in the Live Software. I can't remember what it was called like but there is an app where you can select all various reverbs. Perhaps this is selected.
Strange indeed.
 
Back
Top