• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS problem

coleburn

n00b
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
4
whenever I open a game (CS or Warcraft III) w/ music playing, it cuts the music audio out. does this w/ winamp 5 and the creative player software. any ideas?
 
768 mgs o RAM. on my friends comps, music plays fine through winamp during gaming, and i used to play music while playing counter strike all the time w/ less ram. i gotta think it s a setting on the sound card, but i dont have a clue what, and ive been looking.
 
I know what you are talking about - it used to happen to me all the time with UT2k4 and iTunes. Unfortunately, I have no idea how I fixed it or why it stopped doing that.
 
Does the player actually stop playing the music? see if you can alt-tab out and check while running WCIII.

The only other thing i can say is to update the drivers, maybe. And check the driver date manually. Creative's updates have a tendency to not install correctly and an update will still leave you with the old driver.
 
ok ill check that. yes, the player continues playing the music, and i've checked top make sure the player isnt muting.

i don't know if its related, but i cant hear mic voives in CS, even though they are enabled.
 
yeah, there is also a problem with the audigy line of cards with CS. You can't use ventrilo/roger wilco and in game voice at the same time. i have no clue why. I do not believe its drivers. i think i heard somewhere that it is just the way the card is wired, which sucks.
 
Landyin said:
yeah, there is also a problem with the audigy line of cards with CS. You can't use ventrilo/roger wilco and in game voice at the same time. i have no clue why. I do not believe its drivers. i think i heard somewhere that it is just the way the card is wired, which sucks.
You can, you just have to turn the priority up in Ventrilo or down for HL/Steam. HL with Steam likes to hog CPU cycles and doesn't like to give any up for Ventrilo/RW. Infact not everyone has this problem. A good buddy of mine does but I do not, I have a ZS and he just has a plain Audigy 2.
 
i have an audigy 2 zs and i hear music w/winamp when i play ut2k4? :confused: Maybe do a fresh install of your drivers that came with it
 
Back
Top