• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS problem

Pubert

n00b
Joined
Oct 31, 2005
Messages
3
I just installed an Audigy 2 ZS and I disabled my onboard soundcard in the bios. I also bought a set of Medusa 5.1 headphones. I use this setup for HL2 Counter-strike source.

I setup the soundcard and in game to run on 5.1 surround sound. In game all the speakers sound great except for the 2 rear. The sound is very weak and sounds real bad. It sounds like the real speakers are from a shit speaker which is broken. The other speakers sound full and have great sound.
I'm NOT running digital. Just the rear speakers are having the problem.

I have installed the new drivers for the card. I made sure the connections were hooked up correctly.

Does anyone have any other suggestions because I'm just going to format if it persists?
 
Could be a bad set of headphones, or the fact that, imho, the medusa 5.1s suck.. I should have learned my lesson with the zalman 5.1s, bu noooo, I had to try the Medusa 5.1s that everyone was raving about.. They sounded as bad as the Zalmans, and worse than a $20 Koss headphones.. Sorry about the rant..

As a test hook up your speakers even just plain old stereo speakers to the rear out and see if it sounds OK in the surround sound demo.. If it does rma your medusa or return them for a refund and get a good set of stereo headphones.. You could also try upping the volume to the rear out in speaker calibrator...
 
I have had two different pairs of Medusa headsets...couldn't get either to work properly with an Audigy 2 ZS.

First pair was defective (I thought) second pair was sent, same deal. Could not get either to work properly.

Talked to cust. support and they claimed there was a bad run of power supplies shipped recently. I was told that I would have to go and buy a new power supply locally to fix the issue. I said RMA plz.... extremely poor quality control and I about fell out of my chair when I was told that I had to go out and but a power supply to get their product to work properly. Bad product, bad customer support...

I ended up buying these ---> Audio-Technica ATH-A900 with a Zalman Mic1 and couldn't be happier
 
Thanks for the suggestions. Also I contacted them and told them about my problem and they said I can only get a refund but they won't exchange them.
 
Back
Top