Soundblaster Audigy 2 Value Hissing

DaLurker

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 23, 2000
Messages
1,681
Well I'm having a weird issue with my SB Audigy 2. Out of my Left Rear Channel, I sometimes get a loud hissing. Then sometimes it will fade away for a little while, then come back again.

This is very annoying and I was wondering if there is any solution to this? I'm thinking of moving it to a difference PCI slot, but this happend on both my NF3 Ultra-D and NF4 SLI Infinity.

Thanks
 
Have you tried swapping cables over? Or swapping speakers?

Any idea if you have mains cables wrapped around those speaker cables?

Problems in one corner are more likely the problem in the audio output side and not the PCI slot and sound card.
 
BlueMeanie said:
Have you tried swapping cables over? Or swapping speakers?

Any idea if you have mains cables wrapped around those speaker cables?

Problems in one corner are more likely the problem in the audio output side and not the PCI slot and sound card.

I've tried swapping speakers and cables. Not sure what you mean by mains cables?

It seem the hissing gets worse once the drivers have loaded though. If the drivers aren't loaded (ie in BIOS), everything is fine.



I'll try turning off the Spread Spectrum. Thanks :)
 
DaLurker said:
Not sure what you mean by mains cables?
Keep mains leads away from data leads. If mains leads run parallel to speaker leads then you will get noise from the mains. If the two types of leads need to cross, then cross them at right angles to reduce the noise.
 
Well I tried turning off CPU Spread Spectrum and it worked! :) THanks guys
 
Excellent. I have learnt something today.

For some reason I thought that "Spread Spectrum" was there to help avoid interferrance, not cause it. LOL. :D

Glad it all works for ya now. :cool:
 
Back
Top