• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Suddenly Stopped Working... Need Help...

Seufari

Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
871
ok... So everything was working fine and has been since I built this thing 3 months ago... then this afternoon i went to play a cnet video and realized I wasnt getting any sound. I looked and it seems like my Audigy 2 sound card is no longer recognized. The driver is no longer on the list and when I try to re-install it, I get an error saying there is no audigy 2 card. I have had it in the computer and working for a long while now, so what went wrong? Why did it all of a sudden quit working?

Any suggestions?

This weekend, I am going open up the case and if i cant get it to work... Bring on the On Board Sound! Any chance this could be caused by the power supply? just curious...

Thanks for any and all help!
---
AMD 64 3700+; GIGABYTE GA-K8U; 2 X 512 DDR400 PC3200; BFG 6800 OC (16/6;375/850); Audigy 2 Platinum--------3dMark05: 4512
 
Have you tried re-seating the card? Possibly move it to another PCI slot?
 
strid3r said:
Have you tried re-seating the card? Possibly move it to another PCI slot?

I hope that is all it is. That would be nice. I am somewhat doubtful though. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have time to investigate further. I realize now that I posted this a little prematurely.
 
Back
Top