• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sound skipping

Skooga

n00b
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
14
I've had this problem for a year or 2 and it is time I addressed it. When I play songs (mp3's) and such, the computer will occasionally skip during the song and it seems to happen whenever I utilize CPU ussage. I was using onboard sound on my P4P800 and then I got a Santa Cruz Turtle Beach to hopefully remide the problem. But it still skips. I have updated all the bios's on the motherboard and the sound card. (Even the bios that isn't Microsoft Certified) and it still doesn't work.
My specs are currently:
P4P800 motherboard
2.6c P4 at 3.00Gz
1.5GB pc3200 ram
9600 radeon np
Santa Cruz TB sound card
winfast tv tuner
160GB Maxtor hd on ATA133

I am contemplating scraping most of it and using newer technology, but it would be nice to salvage all that is not lost. Thank you.
 
i have tried winamp and windows media player. I don't know, but it seems like a universal problems. I switched speakers as well to a 2.1 instead of just a crappy 2.0
 
well, if you're doing major CPU stuff, it makes sence that your sound would skip a bit, since the on-board audio is host-controlled.

im certian if you used a sound card you'd have better results.
 
I've had a problem like that but with an sound blaster card, I fixed it by moving the sound card to another slot hope this helps oh and make sure the on board sound is disabled, on some board theirs might be one or more jumpers that you Have to pull.
 
Back
Top