• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Randomly turns Down.

Blackdog

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 13, 2004
Messages
140
So I've had this problem for about 6 months now or so (can't remember how long). It doesn't happen every day. It doesn't happen on the same day or the same time. But I'll be playing a game or doing whatever, and my sound will turn all the way down from 100% to 0%. Randomly. Without me doing so. Just happened today while I was in World of Warcraft.

My hardware is a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum EX and my speakers are Altec Lansing 4.1 speakers. I also have a pair of altec lansing speakers hooked up as my center channel. I'm using Altec Lansing Headset when I'm on Ventrilo when playing WoW.

I have the most up to date DirectX, Sound Card Drivers and Windows XP Pro SP2 is fully up to date. I have no viruses or spyware that can be detected at this time (running McAfee, MS Anti-Spyware, Ad-Aware & Spybot Search & Destroy).

I'm not sure what else to do about this, as it's not a frequent problem - but when it happens, it's annoying. Anybody have any ideas what I can do?
 
Usually weirdo issues like that are caused by:

1) You're somehow activating the mute button on the remote, or it's leaking the command

2) You have some legacy pieces of the driver installed. Use CTZAPP.exe to do a full uninstall of the drivers, then use it again to do a full install.
 
Back
Top