Sound lag in Far Cry--Caused by Processor?

sonyman

Gawd
On my other computer, which has an Audigy sound card, a 9700 Pro, and a 2.0A Pentium 4 400MHz FSB, would sound lag be caused by the processor being too slow? If so, would a 3.06GHz Pentium 4 533MHz FSB help?

Scott

Just a few thoughts (BTW, I don't think it's CPU-related).....

- What sound settings have you tried in Far Cry on your other PC? Try it with all the hardware/EAX sound and compatibility mode stuff off (stereo mode checked only).
- Are you using the very latest Audigy drivers from Creative?
- How much system RAM has your other computer got?
- Does the sound lag in all game modes or just online/multiplayer mode?
- This is probably a thread for the Games & Gaming Equipment forum. ;)

Also, why are you running the 9700Pro in your other computer and not running it in your main rig? I thought you'd want all the best components in one machine?

coz said:
Just a few thoughts (BTW, I don't think it's CPU-related).....

- What sound settings have you tried in Far Cry on your other PC? Try it with all the hardware/EAX sound and compatibility mode stuff off (stereo mode checked only).
- Are you using the very latest Audigy drivers from Creative?
- How much system RAM has your other computer got?
- Does the sound lag in all game modes or just online/multiplayer mode?
- This is probably a thread for the Games & Gaming Equipment forum. ;)

Also, why are you running the 9700Pro in your other computer and not running it in your main rig? I thought you'd want all the best components in one machine?
My 6800 Ultra ships tomorrow thats why ;) .

Scott

I haven't tried Far Cry on my main PC as it runs like crap on my 9600XT. I have all the latest drivers, and that PC has 1GB of RAM.

Scott

It seems the problem was compatibility mode, an option within Far Cry. It is all fixed now. Thanks for your help!

Scott

Back