Sound issues when overclocking my i7 920

bradyapba

Gawd
When i got to 3.5-3.6, after a few hours of gaming, my sound goes to crap, hiccups, crackling, etc. Its not heat, its only in the low 50's, and it passes prime no problem, for 12 hours.

When i lower it down to 3.4, its fine.

I tried adjusting PCI frequency from 32 to 48, then 64, but that did not help.

Any one have any ideas?

Im using a SB Aug. 2 sound card.

i have an audigy 2 plat card with windows 7 and it crackles 24/7 ... the louder i turn up the volume the worse it gets. i have tried everything from non creative drivers to different speakers and nothing seems to fix it. they never crackled with vista or xp. it is INCREDIBLY annoying.

from what i have read, for my problem, is that there is no real fix out there right now. however, i don't understand why your overclocking would change the situation.

i do have windows 7, and i will admit to, the sound does suck. Its not nearly as good as it was in XP.

I wonder if it has something to do with the PCI slot. I wonder if I should just take it out, and try the on board sound.

most people that had the same issue just used on board sound instead. i don't have any so i deal with the crackle.

and besides, last time i checked, the on board sound on any board that runs an i920 is as good if not better than the outdated audigy 2 cards.

Back