Sound Issue After GTX 570 Install...

M0710NM4N

Weaksauce
Installed my new GTX 570 and now I have no sound. Im using a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro and it worked fine prior to video install and in my device manager under sound I only see 4 NVIDIA High Definition Audio entries. WTH?

Sound Manager shows no installed sound cards... tried reinstalling drivers and its telling me I have no supported hardware... what in the hell is going on?

Looked at Bios and all I see for sound options is HD or AC97... was set on HD and switched to AC97 and still nothing. Also tried pulling card out and putting it back in and no joy either... this is bs.

Right click on the speaker icon then click on "playback devices". Then just select the X-fi.

Tells me "No audio devices installed".

Now this sound card worked with my 9800GT. Then last night someone gave me a GTX 295 and when I installed it, my sound was disabled. Put my 9800GT back in and sound worked again and now again disabled with installing this card. I dont get it. Even tried swapping PCI slots for sound card and still no dice.

what is the board that we're talking about? could be that your motherboard has run out of PCI device addressing space (which applies to all variants of PCI connectivity). The board slots are the last to get enumerated, all onboard devices go first. Try diabling things in BIOS that you don't need... floppy controller, IDE controller, whatever, and see if it comes back. You can also go into device manager and tell it to show Hidden devices. VIEW>SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES

I have the Maximus Formula and the only PCI slots being used are the single video card and single soundcard which is a Sound Blaster Fatality XtremeGamer Pro. Even tried installing the default SupremeFX II soundcard and cant get that working either because though I got Win 7 64bit drivers it says its not for my hardware lol.

I cant win... will look in Bios and see if anything there can be disabled.

can you see the device in device manager when showing hidden devices.

Finally got it working, but wow... not happy with performance. In Black Ops at normal settings not maxed... Im barely hitting 60 FPS.

Did you try disabling the card's HDMI ?

For me I had the same problem with my 6850, once I installed the HDMI drivers, sounds went off...

I donnu if this could help but your problem could be similar to mine.

I tried!

Back