Sound Insulation

Joined
Feb 20, 2004
Messages
532
I have this computer case




Is there any way I can replace the arcylic side with a solid side to provide better sound insulation ?
aspire_xdreamer_800_02.jpg
 
With out buying a new door i dont think so, you can get some noise dampening material and cover up the window with it. This might help with alot of the sound comming from your case, infact there are alot of things you can do to silence your case and maybe you wont have to cover this window at all. Here are some links to different noise issues. Hope this helps.

Noise Dampening Material

Fan Silencers

HDD Silencer

Power Supply Rubber Silencer
 
Just a heads up, the Pax.Mate sound insulation is the worst crap I have ever used. There is no decrese in sound levels AT ALL. There are much better products out there.
 
I have the akasa mats and i've liked them overall. i DO notice a difference - although i also get a slight temp increase, but I don't mind. i perfer it to be quieter
 
saturnine2 said:
Just a heads up, the Pax.Mate sound insulation is the worst crap I have ever used. There is no decrese in sound levels AT ALL. There are much better products out there.

I have never used this product, i just assumed it was ok. i personally dont care that much about noise in the first place, but then again i vae watercooling.
 
Check the reviews before buying. silentpcreview.com is a good start.
 
Back
Top