Sound input from mic becomes garbled randomly, reboot temp fixes. Please help

Kirika

Gawd
Somtimes when I hop in ventrilo or voice chat on battlefield 3 via browser my voice gets garbled and people can't understand me. I have to reboot my computer to fix it. After rebooting it works for awhile and then eventually next time I log in to ventrilo or the battlefield 3 voice chat my voice is garbled again. Sound in games is fine. It happens occasionally. What do you think is the issue? Is it a problem with the battle field 3 voice chat itself?

This didn't used to happen before playing battlefield 3. It worked fine for teamspeak when I used to play WoW.

Rig specs in sig. I have a steel series siberia headset.

Any advice please?

Could be a driver issue. Try removing and clean installing your sound/input drivers. Have you tried other forms of input like a webcam mic/regular mic/other headset? Try to isolate the problem to either the mic or the computer.

Does this also happen across all programs, or only when both BF3 and Vent are running at once? Try using the built in Windows voice recorder, and record yourself for a period of time, see if it happens. If not, it's a compatibility issue with either Vent/BF3. Are you possibly on BF3's voicechat and Vent at the same time, causing double input feedback?

Thank you for the reply.

Will try reinstalling drivers but I been on the same drivers for a long time.

Unfortunately do not have another headset to try. Will try and borrow one.

Last time this happened, I think previously I used battlefield 3 voice chat because the vent server was down. I then hoped on Vent the next time I wanted to play when the server was back up and my voice was garbled and I had to reboot. I hop on Vent before launching battlefield 3 so battlefield 3 was not running yet although origin and the web browser were open. I am not on vent and battlefield 3 voice chat at the same time. We only use battlefield 3 voice chat when the vent server is down for some reason as battlefield 3 voice chat seems to be buggy as some friends can't move in game while using battlefield 3 voice chat so I was thinking it might be to blame.

Keep in mind that BF3 voicechat often remains open even after the game itself is closed, as long as the browser/origin is open. You might want to look into your origin/account settings to see if you can disable it.

Thanks. Have to be careful to not join battlefield voice chat then when we group up.

Reinstalled drivers which required a reboot and vent worked fine while playing battlefield 3 Will have to see if it continues to work fine.

Back