sound in games comparison

Riddleofsteel

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
1,983
Would a creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty card have much if any advantage over Realtek HD audio on my Gigabyte UD3P motherboard? I know it has eax, but apart from that would it sound better and save more than a few cpu cycles? Thanks for any help.
 
It should, but it probably won't help TOO much with SQ. The Titanium is probably much better at virtual surround sound than your onboard though.
 
Hmm, thanks for your reply. Just trying to figure out if I want to drop the money on an x-fi.

EDIT: Is there a cheaper card that creative has that appreciably improves headphone audio?
 
Would a creative x-fi titanium fatal1ty card have much if any advantage over Realtek HD audio on my Gigabyte UD3P motherboard? I know it has eax, but apart from that would it sound better and save more than a few cpu cycles? Thanks for any help.

Depends on what speakers/headphones you are using. If you are using some kind of digital out, then no, you won't notice an improvement unless you are trying to get virtual surround sound with 2 speakers or something as Alai mentioned. If you are using analog outputs, you will probably only notice differences on higher end gear.

I wouldn't worry about cpu cycles if you have a decently new system...which it appears you do with that motherboard.
 
Back
Top