Sound garbles/skips when loading webpages

Zoogle

Gawd
Using the onboard sound (Realtek ALC888), the sound during music playback on anything other than WMP11 gets skips when I load a webpage. Opening several programs while a song is playing doesn't cause this problem though. I didn't get this problem when I used XP so I'm suspecting it might be because of Vista (running 64-bit Business version) interacting with audio playback codecs.

I tried switching to an M-Audio Revo 5.1 card but the problem is still there.

Any ideas? solutions?

Rest of system specs are in the first box in the sig.

Solved my own problem. Apparently locating the paging file on a separate drive caused the garbling. At first I thought this might be because that drive also held the partition that contained all my music files but the audio glitched on flash videos on websites as well and those are stored in temporary folders on the main OS drive.

The two drives in question were a 74GB Raptor and an old 160GB 7200.7 Seagate. Maybe the paging couldn't keep up with the OS :/. However, I still find it strange that only webpage rendering seemed to cause the glitching audio. Opening multiple programs at once didn't seem to have any effect.

Definitely one of those weird Windows problems.

Back