• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound garbled is windows 7

hedron

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
495
I have an auzentech xmeridian sound card. I've installed and reinstall the latest drivers. I tried clicking a few things in the sound control panel. I tried wiggling the rca jack connected to my stereo. But the sound is still garbled. Kind of like a really bad quality MP3. Lots of pops and clicks and stutters. This happens with all audio. Foobar, VLC, youtube, video games and even the Windows audio panel tests. It's not the speakers because FM radio sounds normal. dxdiag said everythings fine, but it lies!

Any ideas? Outside of reinstalling my driver I'm clueless. I was working earlier today, I have no idea what I could have done to cause this.
 
Drivers or hardware. Since you've tried drivers (could trying reinstalling directx too), so I would say the physical components on the sound card are failing. Buy a new soundcard - they're cheap enough.
 
The sound card may be going certainly...however...have you tried headphones hooked up to the sound card?

does you mb have onboard audio ? cause if it does and I was you, i would try removing the Auzentech card and enabling onboard audio and seeing if it has the same issues.

do you have another device you can check the receiver with? cd player or whatever or even a smrt phone maybe the aux input is going on the receiver?

you might also want to give this a look DPC Latency Checker

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
have you looked
 
I don't know what's going on, but it's back to normal now. Thanks for your help. I'll post back if the problem persists. Which ... it probably will... lol...

I will check out that latency checker at some point when I have more time. Thanks.
 
Apparently, it was a hdd in which the sata cable wasn't properly connected. Weird.

That latency checker is handy. Thanks.
 
Back
Top