• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound card with HDMI inputs

BamaDave

n00b
Joined
Nov 19, 2007
Messages
40
I need some opinions guys! I have a HR22 DirecTV receiver that I’m interfacing with monitor via HDMI connections. Well my current sound card is going on the frits and I’m looking to upgrade. I also have older Altec Lansing 4.1 speakers currently in use as well. The question is which sound card should I upgrade with that will best perform in my computer and be able to interface with my direcTV receiver, if possible.

Thanks! David
 
For your uses I'd consider a receiver over a soundcard.
 
Actually I really don’t want to go receiver unless it’s absolutely necessary. I’m presently going straight to my XHD 3000 and using the weak speaker that came with the monitor. That’s why I want to go the sound card if possible.
 
Just my 2 cents, but in my experience it's actually the graphics card that has the HDMI with a separate driver to shoot the sound down the line along with the video. I don't think I've actually seen a sound card with HDMI out.
 
Just my 2 cents, but in my experience it's actually the graphics card that has the HDMI with a separate driver to shoot the sound down the line along with the video. I don't think I've actually seen a sound card with HDMI out.

He's not looking for output, he's looking for input so he can use his computer speakers with his directv system. I don't think there are any affordable HDMI input soundcards/audio interfaces. I think you should reconsider using your computer speakers for this.

EDIT: If you're okay with stereo, just out the left/right connection on the receiver or the headphone jack (if there is one) on the monitor and connect that to the line-in of your current soundcard or onboard sound or directly to the speakers.
 
Best you can do in terms of input is a Blackmagic Intensity. That's an audio/video capture card that has HDMI in and out on it. Costs $200. However, on account of media companies being assholes it cannot support HDCP. That means your DirectTV box is likely to refuse to make a connection with it.
 
Back
Top