• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

sound card with 2 front stereo output capability

rufio

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 4, 2003
Messages
1,462
I have a base xfi that uses bus routing to give me two minijack outs for front stereo. This card is craptastic, the drivers slow my startup and >50% of the time I startup in recording mode with BLARING staticy horrid distortion spewing from the speakers. Drivers have not solved this problem, and this is the second card (I doubt it is hardware), and I do not plan on keeping a creative product board any longer.

I need a soundcard of equal or better quality (of equal or slightly higher price) than the xfi that will provide me TWO mini jacks for front stereo output, either at the same time or switchable. I cannot be bothered to switch plugs multiple times a day.

I have looked into the maudio revolution 5.1/7.1 but cannot tell if it will do what i require.

Any suggestions?

(note: same post on headfi, so please do not suggest I check there...)
 
Why not just get a Y splitter and a chaintech 710? Great sound quality, cheap solution. I'm guessing this is for stereo speakers and a headset combo?
 
ive got a y splitter, but even with two layers of shielding and being 2in long revurb/interference is introduced.
 
check out the terratec Aureon 7.1 Universe ,
or maybe Auzentech HDA X-Plosion 7.1

the hardware is definitely better then the x-fi ,

and its cheaper,

look at the specs or the front pannel to see if it supports what you are looking for
 
Back
Top