Sound Card + Speakers

Zen

n00b
I was doing some research on sound cards and found that the best bet would probably be to go with the Creative Audigy 2 ZS.

Anyone have good experience with this?

It has 7.1 capability for the future; and I believe it's the newst version of teh Audigy 2 Series.

Now... I have these POS Sony speakers... it's a two speaker set that came with my OLD OLD OLD sony computer. I built a new box and just kept my old speakers.

I want powerful speakers... some say I shouldn't waste my money on some $80 speakers and just wait to buy $400 speakers for the power and capability.

I dont need 7.1 speakers.. what are you suggestions on good speakers?

you have a slew of options at your disposal man, and saying what are good speakers in x range will produce the flames. And I'll be the first to bait. ;)

Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra's

Are those Kipsch 5.1 better or the Logitech® Z-680

Dude are you trying to start a flame battle?

btw, I can't comment on personal experience because I am poor and have the "powerful" z640's (lol), but the general feeling is that the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra are better...

depending on your range and what you do, i'd say:

z-560 or z-5300 or promedia 2.1

or if you can go above the $200 price range by a bit go w/ either z-680, PM 5.1 or home theater

You should really try to find a quiet(er) store and listen to a bunch of speakers. Some suggestions:

Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
Creative MegaWorks 510D
Logitech Z-680

What about the Creative 7.1 speakers.. anyone have any experience with those?

I don't know how they sound, but 7.1 is worthless at this point because 1) there are no industry standard 7.1 formats, and 2) there are no DVD titles that feature 7.1 audio, even if the format wasn't industry-backed.

I just got a logitech z-640 and does plenty. I Ordered a retail Audigy LS from newegg for 63$ and it works great, and comes with a game. I only get sound out of 4 of the 6 speakers, becusae most things dont support complete surround. It puts out plenty, creative's card comes with software to tune it just right.

Originally posted by xonik
You should really try to find a quiet(er) store and listen to a bunch of speakers.

this does not include bestbuy

do you plan on watching DVD's on your computer? last time I checked that was the only reason to have 5.1

Klipsch PM 4.1 (if you see them) or Klipsch PM 5.1 Ultra

Back