• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Card Recommendation

maverick0817

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
295
So heres the deal, trying to figure out if I need a sound card and which one to get. I currently am using the onboard sound on my evga x58le, supposedly the onboard was supposed to do DDL, but I cant get it to work. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, the computer is hooked up to a Onkyo ht-s3300 HTIB. The reciever supports DD HD, DTS Master, etc. Would the addition of DDL be worth buying a sound card for. I was originally going to get a x-fi titanium because of EAX, but now that the xonar emulates EAX 5, im thinking about getting that. Any thoughts.
 
Personally, I like Creative's cards. Many don't, but I do. I like the ones that Auzentech sells a little better, features wise. If you are just looking for DTS or DD output, I'd get the Forte or Bravura, whichever is cheaper. They also make the HomeTheater HD which does HDMI out, which is what I elected to get. Expensive, but it does what it says. Given that it costs near as much as your HTIB though, not so sure that is what you'd want.

Basically the X-Fi cards will get you real hardware acceleration, and the most complete EAX 5 and OpenAl support. The ASUS cards are probably going to be cheaper and some people don't care for Creative's drivers.

Either way gets you DDL/DTSI.
 
Back
Top