• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Card Not Detected

ZooCow

n00b
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
43
After upgrading my video card drivers (to nVidia's 81.95) on my XP computer, my sound card ceised to work. I reinstalled the card (Audigy 2 ZS Gamer) and its drivers and upgraded them, but I continue to get errors that deal with not detecting the sound card and no sounds are played. Under "Sounds and Audio Device Properties" It says that there is no audio device. It also says in the audio tab that there is "No Playback Devices"; however I can still hear windows sounds and after changing the output plugins of winamp to "DirectSound output 2.2.10" I can listen to music in winamp.

I am wondering what I can do to get my sound working for all of my applications?

To sum it up:

Audigy 2 ZS
"Sounds and Audio Device Properties" - "No Playback Devices"
Games do not play sounds
Windows still plays its sounds
After changing setting in winamp, sound works for winamp only.
Reinstallation does not work.

Thanks in Advance
 
Back
Top