Sound Card Necessary?

jaygatsby9

Weaksauce
2FA
Joined
Dec 2, 2008
Messages
122
I am getting a new F131 PC from Maingear, and it comes with an Asus P6T Deluxe Intel X58 Chipset motherboard. The cheapes sound card they offer is Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series for $150.00, and I really don't want to spend that much on a sound card. Any advice as to whether the motherboard is sufficient or if I should really spend the $150? Although I am a gamer, when it comes to sound, I care more about listenting to music than "positional audio" and stuff like that.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
 
Onboard sound is pretty good these days, I'm using it on my latest build, for the first time, and I'm happy with the sound. I've tried onboard before and the digital output was good but the analog was crap. Music is more important to me than gaming also. So, I would try the onboard and see how you like it. You can always get a sound card later.
 
Back
Top