Sound Card installation error. Unable to resolve

Epsilon

n00b
I built a system a while back for gaming and everything was going just great until I stumbled across a soundcard from one of my older systems that I had originally intended to put into this system. I had been using the onboard audio which sounded, and worked just fine and should have left it at that... but thinking why not make my audio experience that much better has now given me a huge headache.
The card would not work in the system and would play NO audio what so ever. I uninstalled the card and removed it from the system to revert back to the onboard audio. Now when i restart the computer I get 2 messages saying my sound card is incorrectly installed and needs to be reinstalled. The system takes forever to start up now and the on board audio seems to be playing only out of the left side of my 5.1 speaker setup (No sub). I have tried disabling all audio devices but I can't get rid of this problem.

Any suggestions?

I guess operating system, onboard sound name, and sound card name would be a start?

Didn't go into the bios and disable the onboard sound before install of the new sound card.

Windows xp Home
I have an EVGA Nforce4 motherboard with onboard audio, not sure what the name of the adapter is
I tried to install a creative sound blaster audigy card

Try disabling the onboard audio in the BIOS and see if it makes a difference. Sometimes leaving it enabled can cause problems.

Ok, I just went ahead and unistalled every audio driver and every possible audio controlling software off of the computer, then reinstalled my motherboard which included the realtek AC'97 audio drivers and some software to control the surround sound. Everything seems to be working correctly except that my front right speaker will not play, even when I switch the speaker plugged into its outlet with one that I know is not blown, it still won't play so I am just going to have to make myself believe it is a hardware issue with my speakers and forget about it.:confused:

Back