• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound card for Windows 7

roaf85

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 8, 2005
Messages
2,766
My old computer in my sig is getting an update. Basically a Socket Nforce 4 939 board most likely going to a socket 775 board. I am getting a processor free on loan so I am pretty much locked into 775 path. I realize it is a dead path, but oh well.

My question is concerning if I should even use my Audigy 2 ZS with Windows 7. Since Vista dropped DirectSound 3D support is there even a use for sound cards for mainstream/gaming?
 
uh, yeah.

My system at home uses my Audigy 2... I still think it has better output than onboard, even though onboard has gotten better, but I think if you have it, use it.
 
OpenAL does everything DirectSound3D did before.
And Alchemy let you play DirectSound 3D games under vista/win7

I tried gaming via onbard sound when I buildt my rig...for about 15 mins...the pain of bad sound was to much.
 
The Audigy2 ZS is a fine card for Windows 7. I'd still recommend installing the Audigy support pack drivers from Daniel_K instead of the regular creative drivers.

The only reason I'm still not using mine is because I ran out of PCI slots so I got a PCI-E X-Fi. It really was not much of an upgrade...
 
Back
Top