• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sound Blaster Live model ct4760?

masterbs1

n00b
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
26
I was looking into getting a new sound card and was rumaging through some of my old computer stuff and came accross this.

Sound Blaster Live! model# CT4760

I looked around to see how this compared to today's cards and had no luck in finding out more info on this card. I think I bought this card about 4-5 yrs ago. Does anyone know anything about this card? Will it give me good sound performance compared to the cards now? I need some input quick as I found a good deal on NewEgg, but it ends in a couple days.

NewEgg card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102162
 
it's funny how everybody thought Live! was the shit back in those days, and now think of it as garbage. Sometimes you wonder if all people think about is how OLD the hardware is, and not really creding how its performing.

Your worst concern is driver support. Your least concern would be the actual sound quality, if you're not into hifi on your comp. If you use like a Plantronics headset or a med-fi sennheiser set or similar in speakers, you might just as well use your fucking live card. That is if you can find some drivers :)
 
I had that card a while ago (probably 4-5 years ago), and I believe it's from a OEM pull. It was a bitch finding drivers for it, and I think I just ended up using the default stock WinXP drivers for it. You might want to try the kX drivers, it actually might not sound too crappy:
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1
 
So, you guys think I should just use this card over buying a new one. The only thing I really use the sound for is gaming. I have a Dell 6 piece speaker set I use. The onboard audio I am currently using is Realtec AC97. I heard that using the sound card could help in gaming due to the processor not being needed.
 
So, you guys think I should just use this card over buying a new one.

No!
Take Chastity's advise and burn it.
But don't forget to take pics. ;)
A moovy would be even better
 
Back
Top