SOS iPhone 6+ jailbreakers!

Tyler-Durden

2[H]4U
This morning, my 6+ got caught in a boot loop. I managed to get it working by holding the Vol Up button during power on, but my phone now is operating in an odd state. I still can get into Cydia. I also can get into the file system through iFile and iFunBox. But, everything else functions like stock iOS. It seems as if the phone is stuck in a semi Safe Mode. If I turn off and power on my phone, it gets stuck in the boot loop, again. Any suggestions before I do the dreaded iTunes restore and lose my JB for good? :(

You installed something (or something became corrupted), that uses mobile substrate, that's putting your phone into a bootloop. When you hold the volume button during the boot process it puts the phone into safe mode which essentially disables mobile substrate and allows you to remove tweaks and such that are causing you problems.

With the phone in safe mode, jump into cydia and install icleaner pro and disable dylibs one at a time until it stops boot-looping and you'll find out whats causing it. Or just uninstall that last thing you installed/updated and it will likely fix the issue as well.

Thanks for the tip. I don't see a way to disable dylibs in iCleaner Pro. Any hints? I installed the latest version, 7.4.2.

Thanks, again. I disabled all and still get stuck in safe mode. I guess I can go back and try each one individually. UGH... what a drag.

Did you recently update or install anything through cydia? Odd that it would just happen out of the blue.

If all else fails, uninstall cydia substrate. It will uninstall pretty much every tweak on your phone (just make sure that you re-enable everything via icleaner pro first)

I would also highly recommend using something like Semi-Resore. I just did it on my 6 plus and it fixed a lot of issues I was having with horrible battery life

I installed the new AndroiOS tweak, but it caused some problems and I removed it. Other than that, it's been running fine.

I'll try your other suggestions, now.

I might actually cry if have to go back to stock iOS. :p

This just ain't my day. Semi-Restore won't start after double-clicking it. I've got the latest OpenSSH, iTunes and .NET 4.5.2 installed. Looks like this is a common problem.

Been screwing around with this thing all afternoon. Sick of it. Bye-bye jailbreak!! I'm damn near close to saying bye-bye iPhone!! :mad:

Damn. That's not fun. I always jailbroke my i stuff. Definitely had my share of crashes, but nothing near brick. I love to tweak, so I wouldn't have it any other way. Lol. Keeps it interesting.

Definitely not fun. I'm sitting here with a fully functional, jailbroken iPad Mini 2 and a stock iPhone 6+. Why the fuck couldn't my iPad have been the thing to crash????? :(

Stock iOS is wretched dreck.

Time's like this call for alcohol.

Lots of it.

Blanton's on the rocks coming up.

There's no JB for anything after 8.1.2 and my phone now has 8.3. Taig supposedly has plans to JB 8.4. We'll see.

A small upside to having a non-JB iPhone is that I'm not constantly screwing around with it anymore. Maybe that's good.

No... it still sucks. :p

There's no JB for anything after 8.1.2 and my phone now has 8.3. Taig supposedly has plans to JB 8.4. We'll see.

A small upside to having a non-JB iPhone is that I'm not constantly screwing around with it anymore. Maybe that's good.

No... it still sucks. :p

Sorry to hear about your troubles, too bad you can't roll back versions.

It's actually not as bad as I was making it out to be. I only miss some excellent tweaks (f.lux, IntelliScreenX, Activator, maybe 2-3 others) and the ability to customize the icon layout and use different themes. I truly despise the color scheme of iOS. It looks like a kindergarten class designed it with finger painting. I'm just hoping we see a new JB before iOS9.

I was at a dinner party, last night, and got to play around with a Note 4 and Nexus 6. That pretty quickly killed my thoughts of going Android. Aside from the customization, the piss poor battery life alone but was enough to keep me away.

Haha yea, Android is only getting worse. They did fix some battery issues with 5.1 but it still sucks.

Haha yea, Android is only getting worse. They did fix some battery issues with 5.1 but it still sucks.

That's what kept me away too. It boggles my mind that the biggest android phone companies release their top of the line phones without the capability to last a day with regular usage. If the s6 could last more than 4 hours of on screen time without having to screw around with settings and disable features, I would be typing this post on it right now. Even the most fubar jail broken iPhone is still more stable than most android phones and that makes me sad.

This just ain't my day. Semi-Restore won't start after double-clicking it. I've got the latest OpenSSH, iTunes and .NET 4.5.2 installed. Looks like this is a common problem.

dang man... sorry I didn't see this earlier. I had the exact same problem and it was an issue with iTunes. Downgrading to the previous version fixed the problem... something to do with needing 32bit files that iTunes is no longer bundled with. Alternatively, there is also a version of iTunes with those legacy files that you can use (who knew). After doing the semi-restore, however, I needed to upgrade back to the latest version of iTunes to get iFunBox to work properly. Kind of strange

Anyway, like you said, being stock isn't really that bad. If I didn't need PDANet to tether my laptop, I probably wouldn't mind giving up the jailbreak. When I did the semi-restore on my 6 plus, I was surprised how much faster it felt and how much longer the battery lasted. I'm now keeping my tweaks and stuff to an absolute minimum.

I don't know why (I don't pay any extra), but att lets me teather on my plan. I really don't feel the need to jailbreak with it. I mean there's a few confidence things like intelliscreen I miss but really I'm ok with stock too.

dang man... sorry I didn't see this earlier. I had the exact same problem and it was an issue with iTunes. Downgrading to the previous version fixed the problem... something to do with needing 32bit files that iTunes is no longer bundled with. Alternatively, there is also a version of iTunes with those legacy files that you can use (who knew). After doing the semi-restore, however, I needed to upgrade back to the latest version of iTunes to get iFunBox to work properly. Kind of strange

Anyway, like you said, being stock isn't really that bad. If I didn't need PDANet to tether my laptop, I probably wouldn't mind giving up the jailbreak. When I did the semi-restore on my 6 plus, I was surprised how much faster it felt and how much longer the battery lasted. I'm now keeping my tweaks and stuff to an absolute minimum.
Oh man... just bad timing for us. :p

I have to agree that my 6+ definitely has much better battery life since going back to stock iOS. When/if there's a new jailbreak, I'm keeping the tweaks to a minimum. IntelliscreenX, F.lux, MyWi, Virtual Home, Springtomize, and a couple of my favorite themes. That's it.

Back