sorts of DT 770

Lone_Bullet.be

Limp Gawd
Hi,

A fcouple of months ago i bought myself a Beyerdynamic DT770 32Ohm ( 2006 Manufacture ) so i could drive it with myy MP3player if i wanted ( got a PA2V2 for PC, want an upgrade though ) . Allthough i am VERY happy with the headphone i hear all sorts of things like the 80 Ohms ( or higher ) being WAY better and that i should've gone for the 'pro' version.

AFAIK the impedance make no difference in SQ, right? And whats this fuzz about that ' pro ' version?

Can you enlighten me? ^^

Lone

If you are a basshead it´s better otherwise it´s not surely better :).

I haven´t heard that one so can´t tell. I do have the Dt 770 PRO and loves them :)

The model you have is a new version. The older "pro" versions are a different design and have been reported to sound less balanced, with more emphasis on the bass and treble.
Some prefer the old models, some prefer the new models.

Comfort wise they are pretty much identical.

The reason why they may be recommended over your newer version is that they still cost quite a bit less (100-150$us), and have the option of being moddified by Larry over at headphile.

Unless you're well to do financially, I wouldn't worry too much about getting a Pro version if you are content with your's (unless of course it really peaks your interest).

~Hope this helps

sure does, ty for the replies.
I know I'll get myself a Darth Beyer 770 in the future ( can take a while ).
So till then i'm happy i have the balanced version. I AM a basshead, but also like Piano sonata's and other classical music. So i thing I'n fine with the new, balanced DT770.

thank you

Back