Sorry, Amazon Is Canceling Your “Free” Echo Dot

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The Echo Dot was free on Amazon for a brief moment, but naturally, it was too good to be true: the retailer is canceling any and all zero-cost orders for the tiny smart speaker. It’s not a total loss, though, as anyone who tried to get a free Dot still gets $5 promotional credit. I think it’s the company that should be paying customers for putting these spy devices into their homes…

If you thought that free Echo Dot was too good to be true... well, you were right. Amazon is cancelling zero-cost orders for the tiny smart speaker, informing buyers that a "technical error" was responsible for the surprise Audible discount. You won't walk away empty-handed if you seized the opportunity, mind you. Amazon is giving would-be buyers a $5 promotional credit, so you might still get a break on the Dot if that's what you were after. Just don't expect to see a repeat slip-up any time soon.

My brother got 2 of his yesterday. Mine is being delivered today. However, my friend got the cancellation email and a $5 credit.

The NSA check must have bounced.
That'll keep me laughing throughout the day.

I've been an Amazon fan for a few years now but I gotta say that over the last few weeks I've been seeing way to many sketchy. ethically questionable decisions by them. Definitely not happy with the direction they're going.

Got mine too on next day delivery. Did not think I would like it but I was wrong. It is pretty intuitive and has the ability to mute the mic.

They didn't cancel all of them. I got mine.

oh oh, now they know who, what and where you are.....

Expect a visit at around 2:17:33:19am tomorrow moring from those guys with the really dark glasses and suits :D

Reactions: Shmee
like this
Mine shipped, but delivery has been delayed and when I track on USPS it doesn't work. I wonder if they somehow stopped them after they shipped.

Should have done next day delivery.

Back