Sorround sound and Headsets.. Help?

Hi, I have the z640 speaker system that has 5.1 surround sound.. and I recently purchased a Plantronics Audio90 headset. Is there no way to plug the headsets analog plug into the back of the computer AND use the full 5.1 surround sound? It seems that the only way to use the headset is if I remove one of the sound plugs from my speaker system.

Thanks alot.. I will pick that up when I swing by Rshack.. Anyway, I have another problem with my sound... The green plug seems to fulyl work but the black socket doesn't work at all.. I tried switching the plugs and they work only on the green socket of the sound port.. I tried updating the drivers but they did'n't need an update.. The mobo is p4p800edeluxe by the way.

I was wondering, if you use those splitters or switches, will it degrade sound quality in any way as opposed to just connecting it directy into the port?

lil layzie said:
I was wondering, if you use those splitters or switches, will it degrade sound quality in any way as opposed to just connecting it directy into the port?
Sure, every interface will degrade the signal. However as long as you have it connected securely and the cables don't suck it shouldn't be too bad. It doesn't hurt if you're not a big audio nut, because if you are you may notice the difference more.

I bet it won't be bad and it won't bother you much if at all.

Splitter, No. Most modern sound cards have buffered outputs so signal degradation with a splitter is not a problem.
Switch, yes.... the cheap ass cables they use do degrade the sound to some extent but most people with low-fi stuff will never notice. ;)

Mister X said:
Splitter, No. Most modern sound cards have buffered outputs so signal degradation with a splitter is not a problem.
Switch, yes.... the cheap ass cables they use do degrade the sound to some extent but most people with low-fi stuff will never notice. ;)

Yeah, without a doubt the switch is likely to be much worse. Get a splitter without the wires if you can, will likely be better. In theory the interfaces will degrade signal quality but I should take back my statement and say it's unlikely to be noticeable if it exists.

plus the fact that cans are right on our ears anyway, loud even if you have a splitter.

Back