• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sooooo is this right?

Presto88

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2005
Messages
491
Right now I have my FSB at 224 X 9 and my memory is at 185 if I read the stickies correct does this mean if I reduce my FSB to 200 and multiplier to 10 and then raise the memory to 200 that means better performance than just raising the memory to 200 with the first FSB and multiplier right?
 
Unless he has a very very very very very rare unlocked 3000+...which he doesn't. I've seen it maybe twice at XS.
 
only one way to find out.........and nope lol so anyways the closer my memory gets to the FSB the better does it follow that same logic? thanks guys
 
Well youre pretty much trading off RAM clock for CPU clock...

You can do 1 of 3 things to remedy this and keep the RAM above at least 200MHz
1) Keep the RAM divider at 1:1 and pray it stay stable(will severely limit your overclock)
2) Use a RAM divivder and keep on lowering it until you hit your CPU max
3) lower the CPU multiplier and increase HTT to be at the same clock. Will pretty much run the RAM faster while keeping the CPU at the same speed.

To put down an example for case 3, I will use my setup as an example.
My CPU is maxed out at 2.7GHz, so I know my ceiling and will work to reach a good RAM speed that my RAM can handle.
multiplier x9, mem divier 2:3(133), HTT 300
My resulting RAM clock will be 200MHz
Now, I can lower my multiplier and pump up my HTT to still maintain a 2.7GHz overclock
8x337, mem divider 2:3(133)
RAM clock = 225MHz

I am using method 3 myself, as I am using cheapo Corsair Value RAM, it cant handle very high speeds(9x300 5:6 = 250Mhz RAM, which is too much for them). So i am getting the best of both worlds this way.

You can mess with this method as you like to even out your RAM and clock speeds.
 
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=42916

if you look at the cpu-z program, with a memory divider you are severly underclocking your ram, since my ram is older i have to use a 5/6 memory divider to get my overclock so even though i hit my cpu goal of 2.6GHz my memory is only running at 186.8MHz, which is DDR373.6 haha :p I cant help but wonder what my system performance would be like if i had DDR500 ram, so i wouldnt have to use a memory divider...
 
Back
Top