Soo who has hookups at cisco... vr RMA help?

The Spyder

2[H]4U
Figured here would be a good place to ask.
A while back I grabbed a Cisco WS-3550-48-SMI from a local tech thrift store/non profit that I volunteered at. It powers on and I can get console access, but I get a stop error, bad CPU.
Its toasted, looks like a power outage took it out. A friend on another forum ran the serial and it has a smart net contract till 2009, and its warrantied by Cisco for 5yrs after end of life if I am reading correctly.
When I called into Cisco they were no help, without the last companies name I could get no where. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck with a nice paper weight????

sorry bro, your SOL. The old smartnet account does not transfer over to you, you can't even open up TAC cases legally.

The only thing I could recommend is maybe pay for a new smartnet account, but Im sure that since its EOL they wont give you a new warranty.... Idd get on ebay and try and get some parts for it. Sorry :(

Damn, it was next to nothing, literally so no big loss.
:)

It needs a new system board, I wish the last company would have just RMA's this, since it was under their warranty.

I know it doesn't help but the head of security for Cisco in Texas sits on my colleges IT board :p. He comes every once and again and gives us lectures. Funny thing is he didn't even go to college. He went to the military to recieve all his IT knowledge. Just a little FYI :p.

Back