Sony XBR-940D

TheGameguru

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone have luck getting the 75" 940D working with any Nvidia GPU properly? I can't get 4K@4:4:4 enabled no matter what combination of drivers and GPU's (I've tried a 980Ti, 1060, and now 1080ti) Best I can get is 4K@4:2:2

Internet largely has failed me doing Google searches..curious if anyone here has tried this combination.

It should work like any other Sony TV running the Android OS. On mine, you have to use HDMI2

Press Home -> go down to Settings -> Under TV choose External Inputs -> Scroll down to HDMI signal format change to Ehnanced format

Yeah I've done that several times.. when I try to change from 1920x1200 to 3840x2160 the screen will go blank for a while then it will come back to 1920x1200. Only way I get get that resolution is if I set the HDMI format on the input I'm using back to Standard.

Which input are you using? Couple of things:

1) Is the cable HDCP 2.2 compliant? You need to have a cable that supports it.
2) Have you updated the TV's firmware?

You may also have to go into nVidia Control Panel and under Display -> Change resolution set it to 4k x 2k 60Hz and then manually change the output color format to RGB, Full with 8 bpc color depth.

Yeah I have a brand new HDMI cable that's rated for 4K and 120hz/HDR also 2.2 compliant. Running latest software update on the 940D

I've tried all the possible combinations on the Nvidia Control panel with no luck. It's odd that Nvidia thinks the default resolution should be 1080P.

I actually have that exact same Sony 75" TV and GTX 1080's

AFAIK I can confirm its IMPOSSIBLE to get 4K@4:4:4 enabled

I spent weeks swapping HDMI cables, different inputs, short run cables, different drivers and nothing. PS4 Pro will work with HDMI "enhanced" on and get 4k with HDR. But zero luck on my PC.

I finally gave up, and its not the end of the world as I sit far away from the TV so 4:4:4 isn't a big deal (though no HDR sucks)

Last edited:
Back