Sony X-Brite

I have used a Sony Vaio 10" widescreen notebook with the X-Bright (a.k.a X-Black) screen and it makes a huge difference. With the small screen set at 1024x768 the text was small but because of the sharpness/brightness of the screen it was still easy to read from normal viewing distance. Graphics just leapt of the page and it was so much better than my flat panel TFT hooked up to my PC.

I actually don't like the xbrite that much.
I have a sony vaio V505EX and i went without the xbrite idea. The covering is so reflective that unless you have the perfect background light you end up with reflections all over the screen.

My 15" Sony Vaio has a X-brite display. I've never seen anything better. Yes, there's some reflection but unless you work in a very bright room with lots of light sources, it shouldn't be an issue. Note that there are competing technologies already on the market such as Toshiba's Qosmio notebooks. I believe HP also has there own equivalent display technology.

it looks extremely nice, but sometimes theres too much reflecting light, and it can be really annoying. as long as your room isnt too bright the x-brite is the way to go for screen quality.

Back