• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Sony W1 macro shots any tips?

awdark

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 22, 2003
Messages
1,633
I like taking macro shots, but I usually get nicely blurred pictures.

I know flash is a bad thing... but usually they could benefit from extra light.

I know the camera doesn't support manual focus, but if anyone has it, do you know how to get it to focus better on something?
A good example would be a CPU, I want to take a picture of it in a way so that the text comes out clearly. When I hold the shutter button half way it would be a blur, focused, and stick to blur at which I will take this nice fuzzy picture.

Would macro lenses help? I know mine supports it... well at least with the stupid sony adapter and weird lenses...

Would this be good? http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-DSC-W7-DSC...yZ116190QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
(I honestly have no idea about them so I think it would be a wise choice to ask you guys)

thank you :)
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Well from what I have read on the supposed close-up lenses, is that they are garbage. Does the camera have a Macro Mode? What I used to do is use the focus set, half way down and, then focus my image, by moving the camera in and, out using the LCD as, my view finder. Also using the zoom at its minimum first then zooming in as the camera will bear. Also if you can change your f/ ratio to a lower number to give a greater depth of field. The whole thing with a P&S is just play with it alot. Also a tripod would be a nice extra to have.
You might also try the http://dpreview.com forums as they are camera specific. Im sure someone in the Sony forum will be able to help you better.
 
Ah, I see im glad I asked.
I shall see what I could do with those settings. I think the minimum distance for the camera to focus on is like 2"
 
Back
Top