Hi,
I've got a Sony VAIO PCG-K315M laptop. The screen looks ok and normal at the VAIO splash screen and BIOS menu, but goes dim when windows XP loads. Ok with external monitor.
Unfortunately, it's now 2 months out of warrenty!
I was suspecting the backlight or the Inverter or even a loose cable connection, but can it be any of these if the screen looks ok before WinXP loads? Could it be a 'loading' effect on the backlight or Inverter when WinXP starts to load?
Thanks for any help.
Mod Edit - Tsk, tsk....cross posting the same thread across multiple forums is not only bad manners, it's against the rules. Here's a link to your other thread in "Mobile Computing" which is the appropriate place for laptop questions. Thanks - BlindedByScience
I've got a Sony VAIO PCG-K315M laptop. The screen looks ok and normal at the VAIO splash screen and BIOS menu, but goes dim when windows XP loads. Ok with external monitor.
Unfortunately, it's now 2 months out of warrenty!
I was suspecting the backlight or the Inverter or even a loose cable connection, but can it be any of these if the screen looks ok before WinXP loads? Could it be a 'loading' effect on the backlight or Inverter when WinXP starts to load?
Thanks for any help.
Mod Edit - Tsk, tsk....cross posting the same thread across multiple forums is not only bad manners, it's against the rules. Here's a link to your other thread in "Mobile Computing" which is the appropriate place for laptop questions. Thanks - BlindedByScience