Sony Trinitron G400 19" CRT

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone here have this monitor, if so can you please post your some pics/setups and also how good were these when they came out?

thanks.

I had a 400PS, I think that was the model, it got replaced by the G400 or something... I always remember the G400 was one nicer than mine. The only compareable monitors were some Diamondtron models at the time, no idea what model numbers they were.

Most of the specs were similar though between the 400PS and G400... the picture is very sharp until you try 1600x1200 when it becomes a little fuzzy. The aperture grille pitch or whatever wasn't small enough to make real high resolutions look sharp. The G400 can do higher refresh rates at the high resolutions but its not any sharper than the 400PS I had. If you want to use 1600x1200 on a 19" screen I think you need to look at the Diamondtrons that had a smaller pitch.

Another difference was the Sonys are only flat up and down, not left to right.... the curve however is very slight. The screen is however 'almost' flat and its not something that will bug you.

Both the Sony and Diamondtrons have those faint lines, two of them, running horizontaly. People made too much of a deal over them, you have to look for them to see them.

Colors were always great, the G400 was part of the high end Business stuff so its probably even better tha teh 400PS was.

I bought 4 of them when I was trading on the floor of the Chicago Stock Exchange. They were never turned off and lasted about 6 years before they all started to fail. They worked fine for my needs which was displaying financial data, excel spreadsheets, and general office work.

They were big and heavy and I would never even think of touching one again.

Back