Sony Sends Out Identity Theft Protection E-Mail

HardOCP News

[H] News
I just received an e-mail from Sony offering identity theft protection. There is a press release here and a copy of the e-mail posted below. The company is only asking for the e-mail associated with your account (hackers already have that) so you shouldn't have to worry about any more info being compromised.

I got the mail too. I'm wary about signing up for this service because it's done inside of PSN's web site. Fool me once, shame on you..

heres what the email should have said:

Heres how to protect yourself from Identity theft:
1.) dont give your identity to us and you wont have any problems

heres what the email should have said:

Heres how to protect yourself from Identity theft:
1.) dont give your identity to us and you wont have any problems

OH I'm so excited, sony cares for me after all. After a month I finally feel warm and cuddly inside. I'll take any crumb sony gives me, because sony Really Really has my interests at heart. This gift means so much to me, Hail sony.
This is what sony hopes to hear from all its customers and probably will from what I have read previously.They have not learned a thing from all this.
This protection should be a given at no cost to the consumer for as long as sony holds your information on its servers. If not then sony can't guarantee that your info is safe. Which is another way of saying, you have been warned. If you continue to deal with sony and they have another breach forever hold your bitching to your self.

Screw them! Xbox Live hasn't had a massive hack yet... So I will continue with them, and continue to use my PS3 as a 3d blu ray player

what's funny is that psn phishing still continues, who in the right mind would still go after the most scam savvy public on the net today?

i mean it's not like U.S officials would fall for phishing scams from China... oh wait a minute.. nm

Back